Recipe by Belgian renowned chef Nicole Darchambeau. This cheese fondue uses LOKA Scotch as an ingredient which adds a lovely savoury flavour. Serve with crudités, bread and pickles to balance the richness.
- 300ml of LOKA Scotch
- 300gms of cheddar cheese
- 100gms of stilton (or other blue) cheese
- 200gms of grated emmenthal cheese
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 4 ribs of white celery
- 2 crunchy apples
- 2 fairly firm pears
- 2 baguettes or bread of choice
- Step 1: In a pan, heat the beer over low heat.
- Step 2: Cut the cheddar and the stilton into small cubes, pour into the beer. Add the grated Emmenthal. Gently melt by turning regularly with a spatula.
- Step 3: Clean the celery ribs, cut into pieces. Divide apples and pears into quarters, without peeling them, extract the core, cut into large cubes.
- Step 4: Cut the bread into pieces.
- Step 5: Dissolve the starch in the milk. Add to the fondue. Thicken while mixing. Pour into the pot and put the stove on low heat.
- Step 6: Dip bread, pears, apples and celery in the fondue.