Duck breast with mushrooms
Recipe by Belgian renowned chef Nicole Darchambeau. To be cooked and served with LOKA Saison between 4 to 9 °C.
- 400ml of LOKA Saison
- 4 duck breasts
- 500gms of button mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 3 teaspoons of green pepper
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- Step 1: In a dish, pour the beer. Place the duck breasts, flesh side down. Marinate for 4 hours.
- Step 2: Clean the mushrooms, wash under running water, drain well. Peel and mince the onion. Drain the duck breasts, set aside.
- Step 3: In a sauté pan, lightly sauté the onions. Add mushrooms, pour the marinade. Cook over high heat for 10 minutes. Add salt, mustard and cream. Reduce until smooth. Keep warm.
- Step 4: Grill the duck breasts, skin side down, for 5 minutes over high heat. Regularly remove the melted fat. Flip the duck breasts and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Step 5: Remove the skin from the duck breasts, slice them and place them on the serving dish. Drizzle with mushroom sauce. Serve with parsley potatoes and a green salad.