Lamb fillet with beetroot and vanilla
This recipe was created by “The Foodpairing® Company” based on the taste profile of Scotch. It is perfect for this red beer with a scent of spices, caramel and some light fruity notes. It stands out from traditional Scotch ales as it offers a fine woody scent reminiscent of hazelnut The taste is fuller and has a hint of bitterness. To be served with LOKA Scotch between 6 to 9 ° C.
Season:Winter, Fall, Summer, Spring
- 1 Lamb fillet
- 1 Beetroot, cooked
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Bourbon vanilla
- 200g Potatoes
- 50g Butter
- 1 dash Milk
- 3 Silverskin onions
- Chicken broth
- Bay Leaf
- 1 tspn freshly ground coffee
- Step 1: Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Color in hot butter. Cook further according to the desired doneness in a preheated oven at 180 ° C. Remove from the meat from the oven and let rest a few minutes before cutting.
- Step 2: Cut 6 thin slices from the beetroot. Cut the remaining beetroot into small cubes. Mix the olive oil with some vanilla seeds. Blend the diced beetroot with some vanilla oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3: Boil the potatoes in their skins in salted water. Remove the skin and mash the potatoes. Stir in the butter. Rub through a sieve if necessary. Warm the puree. Add the cold milk and stir into a homogeneous mass. Season to taste.
- Step 4: Peel the silverskin onions. Stew with a knot butter, thyme and bay leaf. Put half under with chicken stock and cook until al dente. Allow to cool. Cut the onions in half and color the flat side in some hot butter. Season to taste
- Step 5: Cut the lamb fillet into 6 pieces and arrange on 2 plates. Put on each piece of meat a slice of beetroot. Spoon the diced beetroot between.
- Step 6: Pipe some mashed potatoes on the plates and sprinkle some freshly ground coffee on top. Put on each plate 3 half silverskin onions.