Seasonal leeks with smoked ham
Recipe by Belgian renowned chef Nicole Darchambeau. To be cooked and served with LOKA Saison between 4 to 9 °C.
- 400ml of LOKA Saison
- 4 white leeks (8 if they are young)
- 4 slices of smoked ham
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 50ml of milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons of cream
- 100g grated emmenthal cheese
- 8 small potatoes
- ½ tub of watercress
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Step 1: Split the leek whites, wash them under running water. In a casserole dish, place the leeks. Add beer, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat, lid ajar, for 15 minutes.
- Step 2: Drain the vegetables. Wrap each leek with a slice of smoked ham. Arrange in a gratin dish.
- Step 3: Dissolve the cornstarch in the milk. Pour into the cooking juices. Thicken by mixing. Dissolve the egg yolk in the cream. Incorporate into the sauce. Add a little nutmeg and half of the grated cheese.
- Step 4: Pour the sauce over the leek rolls, cover with the rest of Emmenthal. Brown under the broiler.